Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Lessons of Appreciation


On Monday morning, the day of the Summer Solstice, my love partner and I got up really early and made our way to Orangeville for a Sacred Lodge Ceremony.  I felt pulled to return there, after many years of being away.  Going onto the land there is nothing short of magical – the trees are lush, the pond is still and creatures such us deer, frogs, tiny insects all float around the space. The day was going to be a nice sunny one and I felt like I was back at a home away from home.
I was greeted by a long-time friend, Maya, and she smudged Ted and I before we went in.  They had just sent a prayer into the fire to ask for Firekeepers (people who tend to the Sacred Fire throughout the equinox and solstice times) – new ones and those who used to do the job before – to come back to the circle. As I went in, the hugs of appreciation were warm, tender, and welcoming.  I was hungering for this in my life at this time and didn't realize how little of it I was getting in the last year with my relationships.

I agreed, that I would indeed re-instate my position as Firekeeper and join with my friends again – which signifies to me that I have grown in love, warmth and following the path of spirit and love. 
Throughout the ceremony, there was drumming, singing, laughter and sharing of insights. The care and nurturing that was there is not something we come across regularly in our everyday lives. There are so many people who are in a position of moving fast, getting ahead and trying to attain status or money, etc.  Being in the lodge reminded me of what it all boils down to – listening deeply, sharing from the soul, reaching our inner potential, walking with gentleness and grace, doing good and offering service that makes others feel good.
Being in that presence made me feel wrapped up in a hug of appreciation. Something I have denied myself in my life because of my family background and the challenges I’ve had in over-giving and over-loving in relationships.  I had no idea how to see and receive where others genuinely appreciated who I was and what I had to offer. And the funny part is that the more I felt appreciated, the more I wanted to appreciate others and everything around me – the trees, the sound of the water, the people, my new love Ted, and even myself.
Appreciation is such a powerful way of being and seeing and comes directly from the soul.  Without it, we each whither up and lose our spark of inspiration and our relationship with ourselves and others dismantle.  Of course, it has to be genuine and not something fabricated just for holiday times.
So I challenge you during this summer to open up to the energy of appreciation. What is it that you appreciate in your life? Who do you need to tell? What do you appreciate about the Earth? The people in your life? Your pets? Yourself?
***
To experience more spiritual connection and feelings of centred love while releasing tensions and conflicts from your energy, consider booking a soul reading or divine energy healing session with Heather Embree of Blossoming Heart Divine Arts.
 "I've recently taken a couple of Energy Healing Sessions with
Heather Embree and they truly are transformational. I'd highly
recommend it... so much so I'll be going back in a few weeks for
more."
-Lorraine



2 comments:

  1. I missed you by a day... And I agree, how wonderful to reconnect to that sacred community. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Heather. Love the love.

    ReplyDelete