Monday, September 4, 2017

You Love Enough

As a heart-centred person, you care deeply and greatly.  Often we can feel powerless to truly be able to help another or causes in the world that make our heart ache. There has been a whole lot of bad news and it can really affect our own sense of peace and hope at times.  I know this, because I face these issues every day. "How can I help?" or "How can I help this person feel truly loved?"  I have been in circumstances where my offerings to help have been met with either disdain or even ridicule.  It has made me really think about love and how to express it.

One of the things I've come to learn is that it is not my place to tell someone to accept my help or assume that someone else wants my help. Everyone has their journey and path and some want loving kindness and others do not.  That is where their free will comes in.  Also, what is needed is sometimes not what I think. I can be arrogant in my giving.

So, the best way I can offer help is simply to ask someone or the people I feel called to help, what is it that you need from me? How can I help you in this circumstance? Then giving them the dignity and respect that they know best what they need. I don't need to be their hero or rescuer.  If they suggest something, I will see if I can offer it.  If I can't offer it, I let them know what I can offer.  This is enough in the realm of love. We are not meant to hurt ourselves in order to love another, nor are we meant to take on their particular issues.  We can only use our own sound judgment of what feels loving within ourselves, while empathizing with the needs of others.

You love enough. Truly know this just by the fact you care, and you wonder "how can I help?"

No comments:

Post a Comment