Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Why It's Important to Heal Your Heart



Every religious and spiritual tradition talks about the need to have a good and peaceful heart.  That’s a great idea, but many of us struggle with mixed emotions because of our pace of life, confusing relationship dynamics, stresses of being a human and the real experiences of loss, hurt, betrayal, etc. 


It’s also a nice idea to believe we can just forgive and forget. But some things linger and fester and create all sorts of problems. Our bodies carry the emotions in the muscle and fat tissues. We get bad eating habits to comfort ourselves. Or we lash out at other people because we expected they would care or be respectful, when they have not behaved that way. So we sometimes are left with a sense of loneliness, isolation, anxiety of what’s next.


True peace requires inner work. It requires looking at our hate, our anger, our frustrations, our sadness. And our modern life does not afford us that possibility to take the space to sit with ourselves and feel what’s really going on for us. 


I’ve had to walk through my own painful experiences – from growing up in a highly dysfunctional home where my father continually disappointed me because of a gambling addiction. Or having to leave jobs because of being sexually harassed. And losing loves of my life because they needed to fulfill their callings through having children when I didn’t want to or serving the greater good. Abandonment, betrayal and shame are emotions I know well and have been blessed to have had mentors, coaches, healers and guides to help me continue to stand in my true heart.  One thing I know, is that the stress builds, and it can easily tumble into self-destruction if left unchecked. 


This is why I am offering the Heal Your Heart Retreat Weekend for Women this coming weekend. There is only 1 spot left. It’s a chance to relax, re-centre and feel supported in a luxurious and natural setting. You will be fed, pampered, stretched out and appreciated for who you are, not what’s happened to you.   

If you need one-on-one support, I offer various "Life After Heartbreak" coaching packages depending on what point you are on your path at: http://www.blossomingheart.ca/healing-the-broken-heart-program.html

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone at: 226-706-9331, or book a FREE “Get to Know Each Other” Session at: http://blossomingheart.simplybook.me


Because we need more people to keep their hearts open in the world….



No comments:

Post a Comment