Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Insane Power of Love



Oh Love….that wonderful feeling and the feeling that can turn our lives upside down.  I have definitely gone through my roller coasters with love, where everything becomes sloppy or completely elated. We say or do things to our loved ones that we end up regretting later, or end up doing things for them that are totally and utterly magical and unbelievable. The challenge is making sure we are coming from our truest heart in our expression of love, knowing that others have their issues or challenges to face when receiving our love.

One thing I know for sure is that love is here to constantly help us grow in all the good and dramatic ways. It invites us to look at where we are betraying ourselves, where our deepest hurts are, how we are treating others, what makes us feel respected/disrespected, what is our truth in being able to be loved. Love is where courage lives – it makes us break out of the mundane, take stands for great causes, makes us have to see where we are lying to ourselves or others, makes us turn our lives upside down so they are more authentically aligned, and will drop us to our knees at some point in time to see where we have been running on empty in the soul.

Here's one of my favourite videos that captures this roller coaster of Love:


It is an ongoing learning journey for me, but one thing I do know is that Love is worth it. It is worth getting real and honest and messy. It is worth falling in love and out love. Without it, the world is bleak, day-in and day-out monotony and can make for meaningless choices that are rooted in fear and anxiety.  

Having the courage to fall in love and fall out of love with your life, without being fickle and non-committal, of course, is where you meet your soul and become entirely in alignment with the Universe and what it wants to manifest. Also, the best of life’s adventures and stories come alive then, leaving us with a legacy of new friends, experiences, creations, and great memories.

I’ll share with you my own journey with this.  I could have easily gone down the easy road – I had a marketing degree, could get decent work, was in a relationship that was socially acceptable.  Everything seemed to be cut out for me. But I felt dissatisfied, bored, uninspired and plain ol’ depressed. Was I being irresponsible? What was it that just wasn’t working for me? There was an impulse that there was something more for my life.  I ended up completely transforming my life. I quit working as a temp for the government. I moved out of Toronto. I took art classes, I took time off of a long-term relationship and instead chose to date and explore who I was and what I wanted, I lived in Mexico, I worked on an Organic Farm, and I learned about energy healing. I wrote a children's book and poetry. I started this business, not in a stiff and logical way, but in a way that was guided by inspiration. I let my passions and interests guide me, even if it didn’t make sense to others. And I took the time to learn more about what it would be to love me so I could genuinely love others.

Now you could say it’s the French side of my lineage, or my childhood in Jamaica, that gave me this attitude of making love, passion, and quality of life over quantity of life the most important things to live by, but I really believe that it is that deep yearning for the Universal experience of Love that has touched me – whether that be from the kiss of a lover, the compassion for a suffering child, or the death of a dear one.  Behind all of it, it was the attitude and presence of love the reigned supreme in all of it.   

One of the things I stand for and want to send a message out to the world is that “Love really does matter”.  I’ve seen how important this is when I give mediumship readings to clients – that the greatest regrets that those who have passed on have is that they did not give or receive as much love as they should have in their time on earth.  

Love is the energy and experience we all want and seek, and it’s the one thing that eludes us and can torment us when it’s not forthcoming, making great novels and love songs. And everything that is not love, that is cruel and mean, is what causes us the greatest traumas.  

So please consider what areas of your life need more love? Towards yourself and towards others? What would you do differently if you were to put love into the equation of your life? Would you travel? Quit your job? Change your relationship?

If you have the courage to live more from your heart, please consider doing some soul coaching sessions with me. You can book a FREE Sharing Our Hearts Session at: www.blossomingheart.ca

With love in all you are and all you do,
Heather Embree

No comments:

Post a Comment