Monday, August 14, 2017

Working with Synchronicity

In many spiritual beliefs and approaches, there is an understanding of the power of synchronicity, feeling that Spirit is guiding us.  In many ways this can be true. But when is it just our mind playing tricks on us, and when is it actual divine guidance?

I have met people who will find symbols in everything and make meaning of it.  But it’s more to do with their own desire to make it mean something. Take for instance, someone may ask Spirit to show them the answer to a question by showing confirmation by seeing many green t-shirts. Well, sure enough, this person would see people walking by with green t-shirts on.  But the thing was that those green t-shirts were probably there the whole time and it wasn’t until the person intended to see them that they recognized how many people are wearing them.

This, to me, is more about a person putting their attention on something and hoping for it. Not about being guided by the Spirit World.

But spirit does work through coincidences and will offer guidance through things like seeing a slew of dimes in a day, or having random strangers speaking about the same topic.

I even had a time when I put a question out to the Universe about a relationship I was in, wanting a sign. Well a sign swooped down from the sky in the form of a red-tailed hawk and was flying right beside the truck I was driving and stared me straight in the eye.  I knew it was a sign because it was so random and rare and it came in the form of my bird totem, but I had no idea what it meant – whether I was supposed to stay with the person I was asking about or not.  It turned out, the relationship had to end and now I can understand that it was a warning sign of guardianship for me. The red-tailed hawk continues to appear at times when I have questions about my spiritual path, giving me comfort and warnings.  

The difference between both ways of synchronicity that I’ve come to learn is in not having any expectations on how Spirit will speak to you. It is just important to be open, aware and curious and see how it sits in your heart with what comes through, because Spirit is all about the heart.  If it gives you some answers, gives you a sense of peace and love, expands you or it feels like loving protection, then it is coming from Spirit. 


What synchronicities are you noticing in your life right now? Are they coming from what you want to hear versus what is coming from a sense of intervention? Is it leading you to what you want in your heart or is it feeling like it is adding confusion and self-doubt? These are usually ways of discerning what is aligned and what isn’t.  Enjoy working with Spirit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment