Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Being Kind To Yourself



Happy Spring!!! And Full Moon!  

I already saw a bunny rabbit and a robin in my front yard. I feel so much more connected and in alignment with nature this year – it could be because of the extra walks I’ve been taking with my dog Max, or the emotional release work I’ve been doing – old baggage that has been blocking me from feeling joy and connection.   

Lately, I’ve been getting the message from the angels to “be kind to myself”.  Interesting. Because I always thought I was good at self-care. But I’m learning that even putting oneself in circumstances where there is potentially accidents, being disorganized or over-giving are ways of being unkind. Never mind the critical voice or the pressure to have to do or be something more than who you are in your heart. 

This has made me contemplate what kindness to oneself means. What does it look like? How would I behave differently in all areas of my life if I were kinder to myself?  And I’m sure that it would mean I would be more aware of being kind to others, too, in a genuine and helpful way.  

So here’s a brief list I’ve made for myself about what it means to be kind to me.  I’d encourage you to do the same for yourself…

When I’m kind to myself I:
1)      Don’t let myself get scammed or pulled into someone’s   agenda that doesn't feel right to me
2)      Meditate every day to stay focused and in alignment
3)      I eat cruelty-free foods and less processed foods
4)      I don’t expose myself to high-drama and conflict even if it’s with friends or family
5)      I go dancing once a week
6)      I pay my bills on time (or maybe even a bit earlier)
7)      I only give my love to people who deserve it
8)      I go to a healer or therapist when I’m feeling in pain, confused or stressed
9)      I don’t overbook myself with appointments
10)   I simplify my life

What would it mean for your life and relationships if you were to be kinder to yourself? 

With hugs,
Heather and Max (the cutie in the picture below)




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather as always it's so wonderful to read your message(s). Thank you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete