Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Guest Post: The Power of Emotional Intelligence


This is a guest post written by my friend and client, Lorraine.  It's part of my mandate to promote heart-centred initiatives that my clients are offering, to show that kindness trumps cruelty.
Lorraine is the owner of Orange Hat Empowerment, a small business that is dedicated to personal and team growth through the use of emotional intelligence.  Below is an outline of how Emotional Intelligence can help you with ending procrastination and an upcoming workshop that she is offering.

***

Like most people I know the pain of procrastination! I put things off until the very last minute watching the deadline loom closer and closer. I knew it was causing me stress and anxiety and hurting my self-esteem. I had great intentions, set goals, made resolutions and regularly made “to do” lists only to match them with excuses why they couldn’t be achieved!




Was I lazy or needed more will power? I knew I didn’t lack focus or motivation. Well-meaning family and friends gave me advice on time management and planning but I know that wasn’t the challenge either.  Like so many people I sailed through some tasks with ease and other tasks caused me hours of delay.  Why did some tasks get pushed to the back burner, knowing it caused me wasted time, missed opportunities, stress and anxiety?

Through the skills of Emotional Intelligence I learnt that procrastination is a direct result of the emotional connection we have to the task at hand. I have been so lucky to learn this simple technique that can put an end to procrastination. I’m so excited and want to help as many people as possible put an end to procrastination.

Please join me for a very fun, interactive and engaging workshop – its only 90 mins long and the cost is only $10. Don’t’ make any more excuses J Register today or call 519 754 7199 for more details.

Monday Feb 13th 7:00pm – 8:30pm

Harcourt Memorial Church, 87 Dean Ave., Guelph




About Lorraine

What does it take to be fulfilled in your professional and personal life?  Over the last few years, I’ve come to understand that “success” isn’t achieved through academia, learnt knowledge or specialized skills. Fulfillment comes from an honest understanding of our authentic ourselves and the emotions that drive us. The ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with our true selves and those around us –comes from our Emotional Intelligence.

Emotional Intelligence enables us to live with intention, purpose, and authenticity and affects the quality of our lives by influencing our behavior and relationships. Emotional Intelligence develops your self-awareness, self-management and helps to build meaningful relationships. 

I believe passionately that when we understand the emotions that drive us, we can achieve so much more in both our personal and professional life.  It is only by understanding our emotions, thoughts, beliefs and values that we can turn negative self-talk into positive goals and actions. I hope I can help you connect with your emotions and balance your head and heart thinking to bring you closer to the joy and happiness you both desire and deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment